Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Reflection on Articles

Actually, I am very shocked that cyber crimes top the list of the most common crime in Malaysia. I didn't expect the number of cases of cyber crimes could be that high. More than 4,000 cybercrime cases were reported in Malaysia within 2007 and 2008. Most widespread of financial crimes in Malaysia were financial statement frauds, procurement frauds and misappropriation of assets. The reason is because Malaysia is not well-equipped and trained to deal with such crimes


Street racing is still more common to me because I have heard and read lots of cases about it. Almost everyday (maybe I'm exaggerating), you can see newspaper articles about 'Mat Rempits'(illegal motorcycle racers). Besides disrupting the flow of traffic with their dangerous races, they also commit other crimes- gang rapes, bullying, snatch theft, break-ins, robbing petrol station customers, etc. In addition, I have witnessed them in action on streets myself. Thus, in a way, they have become part of the culture of youngsters in Malaysia because most of the offenders are teenagers. They get involve in these crimes because of several reasons- peer pressure, boredom, family issues. From illegal racing, they are influenced to take part in other crimes as I've mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment